This charitable service provides one free emergency delivery to Massachusetts and Rhode Island families and seniors that are struggling to pay their heating oil bills during the coldest months. Our Oil Bank is funded by grant money and member donations.
Who is eligible to apply for an emergency oil bank delivery?
If all of the following applies to you, you may request an emergency oil bank delivery:
- You live in Massachusetts, Rhode Island or New Hampshire and are already a Green Energy Consumers member. (If you are not already a member, call us at 800-287-3950 x 4 to apply for a free membership.)
- You have had oil delivered from one of our participating dealers this year.
- You are qualified for fuel assistance or have an income of less than 65% of State Median Income. (If you are not currently qualified for fuel assistance, call your local Community Action Program agency to learn how to apply.)
- There is at least one person age 62 or older, or age 18 or younger, or disabled living in your home.
- You have already exhausted your fuel assistance benefits.
How can I request an Oil Bank delivery?
The Oil Bank is only open during the coldest months, usually January and February, but may open as early as December. If you need assistance filling your oil tank, call Green Energy Consumers at 800‑287‑3950 x4 and request an Oil Bank delivery. We have dedicated staff that will handle your request promptly and help determine if you are eligible for an emergency oil bank delivery.
I’d like to donate to the Oil Bank.
We greatly appreciate any donation to the Oil Bank.
You can donate when you renew your membership or send a check made out to Green Energy Consumers with a memo reading “Oil Bank” to:
Green Energy Consumers Alliance
attn: Oil Bank
284 Amory St
Boston, MA 02130
Your donation is considered a federally tax-deductible charitable contribution! We mail donation receipts to all of our donors at the time of their donations.