Green banks offer new funds for a plethora of projects related to the environment. This forum will be a full, informative discussion about green banks on the national level, the workings of an actual green bank, and the plans for the new green bank in Massachusetts.
• Paul Mark, State Senator from Western Mass., will speak about plans for the Massachusetts Community Climate Bank, the nation's first green bank dedicated to affordable housing.
• Nenya Young, Director of Policy and Network at the Coalition for Green Capital, will provide a national perspective, including the role of the Inflation Reduction Act in stimulating new and existing green banks.
• Eric Shrago, Vice President of Operations at the Connecticut Green Bank will talk about the experience of the nation's first Green Bank, est. in 2011.
• Lee Harris, staff writer at The American Prospect with many bylines in her name about green banks and capital markets, will moderate.
• Senator Edward Markey has also been invited to say a few words about his work to create a green bank at the national level. He will be joining us at the beginning of the session via a prerecorded video.